Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Birthday Week

I have a birthday week. Do you?  If not, you really should try it.  Its quite fun.

I even had family members wish me a "Happy Birthday Week" . . . . they all know how weird/psycho I am about birthdays.  Boyd texted me on Monday, "What should we do for Day 1 for Birthday Week?"  I text back: "Can you work on the shop floor?"  Frankly, I'm too self-involved right now to even selfishly "treat" myself to birthday week.  I will now throw a pity party in honor of myself.

The Expo last weekend went well.  I didn't take any pictures. Oops.  Thanks to all who stopped by and said hi!

I haven't been sleeping all that well.  Too many random tasks, etc to do.   This is a sample dialogue (and, yes, I actually wrote it down once I realized how bizarre it was):

(Night before Expo)

Ahhhh . . . so nice to be finally in bed.  I have to remember tape tomorrow!  Dang.  Tape. Tape. Tape. Tape.  Done - - - remembered.  And scissors . . . shoot!  Better write that one down.  . . . okay . . . go to sleep.  100, 99, 98, 97, 96, 95, . . . . . (still awake).  Going thru the alphabet backwards is always helpful:  Z, Y, X, W, V, U, T . . . . . (still awake).  I wonder how counting sheep is ever helpful.  It has never worked for me - - I shall not try it now . . . . Stop thinking!  Stop! . . . Collaborate and listen . . . Ice is back with my brand new invention . .  . . ha! Dustin was funny when he sang that at prom.  Prom was fun.

At this point, I realize I am in trouble with a sleepless night.  I get up to take a swig of Nyquil.  Yes, I keep a bottle in my room.  Its empty.  Maybe I have a bigger problem.  *sigh*

The weather today is decent.  I am taking advantage of spray painting.   I may only get 5 days without windy conditions a year.  Recently there was a "city wide clean-up".  Supposedly this is also called "Redneck garage sale".  I participated.

City-wide clean-up day scored me 2 shop items! 
My mom is on her way to town to discuss wedding plans with us.  Sister2's wedding is not too far away and we are woefully unprepared.  I am in charge of the map drawing for the invitations.  Boyd said he was "impressed".  I knew my 6th grade level artistic abilities would come in handy someday.  It is truly a work of art.

O begins his 1st year of baseball this summer.  Bob (Ry's dad) came over to help him learn.  Here's a few pics of Oli and O "playing ball":





I hope you all are having a beautiful Spring.

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday week Sabrina. In college my friend and I celebrated with birthday eve, birthday party eve, post birthday day, etc. Loved stretching it out nice and long, presents included.

    ReplyDelete