Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Oli, Another Bridesmaid Dress and More

Remember how I said that Oli loves chapstick.  He is constantly stealing mine . . . . The other day I helped him take off his rainboots (which he also loves) and my chapstick fell out.  At different times he may just leave the chapstick cap on my nightstand with the tube nowhere to be found . . . its so "The-Godfather-Like".

Oli is very observant. Sister1 has caught him licking the table (Lou licks the floor after every meal); licking the dishes out of the dishwasher (Lou’s favorite) and carrying a stick in his mouth around the yard. He’s such an awesome kid.

Oli was kind enough to give Lou a few licks of the dishes also

Oli cleaning the table
I found my bridesmaid dress for Sister2's wedding!!!  You didn't know it was lost? She didn't either. :)  I proudly wore it around for awhile - so happy that I found it AND that it still fits.  Victory!  I then sat down to eat pizza in it when Sister2 kindly asked me if I thought that was a very good idea. She reminded me of my Mexico bridesmaid failure.   (I would link you back to the awful story of spilling nail polish on my dress . . . . but that would take me using the "Help" button to figure out how to do that)

I went to Salvation Army the other day and found a dresser for the Shoppe.  I asked if there was someone who could give me a hand loading it up and I was informed that there were 2 prisoners who could assist me.  Fantastic.

Our shoppe is going awesome.  Today was DAY2.  The grand opening was fun.  So many great people came out for it.  We kept getting flowers delivered and I was always confused as to WHY we were getting flowers . . . . oh . . . yes . . . . kindness.  For all of you that should have received flowers from me in the past for whatever achievements you have accomplished . . . consider this an apology.   I stink at thoughtfulness.   If you would like a cynical or sarcastic comment - - then you have come to the right person. :)
Amy, Donna, Sister1, Me, Sister2 - - such great helpers
If you would like to see more pictures of the event and the Shoppe - -check out the Shoppe blog:

http://www.shoppe-on-the-corner.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment