Saturday, May 28, 2011

Chapter 1

We are in the Twin Cities this weekend working on the Stillwater house.  Actually Boyd is working on the house, I am hitting garage sales . . . but only because I TAKE MY NEW JOB VERY SERIOUSLY.  I completely loaded up the truck.  I would have taken a picture but we unloaded it into our neighbors' garage.  Zollingers are out of town . . . . and will probably change their garage code when they get back.  Suckers! :)  Fortunately Boyd brought a trailer to bring back a bunch of brick.  Why, you ask?  I have no idea BUT I am thanking my lucky stars that he is a stubborn mule with silly ideas right now.  I'm also crossing my fingers that there is some extra room in that little trailer for some furniture (as I'm sure the Zollinger are too).

I also found a dog kennel and a cool leather jacket.  I tried to make the girl who sold me the jacket my new BFF but she didn't want to exchange email addresses.

We have been gorging ourselves every single meal.   I shoveled Chipotle down my throat for lunch like nobody's business.   We have been able to meet up with friends every night this weekend and it has been quite lovely - Tried the "Blue Door" tonight with Wendi and Tony.  My burger was stuffed with bacon and cheese.  Delicious.  Who knew that beer battered green beans could be so tasty?  Last night we hung out with Darren.  I tried to pace myself by just having a salad but 10 minutes later I was ordering Boyd to give me half of his chicken sandwich.

Lou and Mel were so excited to see their little "dog friend", Charlie.  How cute is that?  Yes, we make our dogs be friends with dogs of our friends.  We figured since that is what parents do . . . we shall be responsible dog parents and follow suit.

I keep telling people here that I run a little shop in South Dakota.  It makes me feel special.  And then they ask me how long I've been doing it and I have to tell them just a week.  BUT . . we have officially been open a week!  

Business Sidenote:  We are wanting to start spotlighting the different vendors who have products in the Shoppe.  We interviewed Donna.   Check out this blog to meet my business partner.  She is great and she even puts up with my hundreds of texts every single day.

http://shoppe-on-the-corner.blogspot.com/

Its time for bed.  Which means it is past 10:30 pm.  We are old.  And Tired.  And Full.  If Brother1 were here, he would say to me:  "Funny . . you don't look full."  Ahhh . . . . but that is a post for another day.

P.S.  I just tried to read this post out loud to Boyd to see if it sounded okay and he was snoring by the end of it ... so . . . I apologize . . . my "rapt" audience was unable to give it a thumbs up or down  . . . I'm going to take the snoring as a sign that I should hit "publish post".

No comments:

Post a Comment