Monday, January 3, 2011

I AM CYNICALLY HOPEFUL FOR 2011

I am heartily welcoming 2011.  2010 was for the birds.  Good riddance.

Recently I found my 2009 goals (no idea where 2010 goals are . . this may be a clue as to my 2010 failures).  I wasn't able to fully check off any of my 2009 goals.  Maybe its because my goals were too lofty . . . . for example: (1) be more organized (2) exercise patience (3) be a good listener (4) get rid of stress.

What was I thinking?!

2011 is wide open.  I have learned a few things over the years.  One being to set reasonable goals.  This year they are going to be "achievable", dang it.  (1) exercise only when I feel like it (2) do not try any new diets (3) cook one meal a month (4) read many books (5) start a blog

Considering that I made chili on January 1st  - thus already partially achieving Goal #3 - - I would say I am off to a great start.  AND since I have now posted my first blog entry EVER, I can officially put a CHECK MARK on #5.

So . . feel free to read along as I record life, real life, or at least the parts I'm willing to share.


Ahhh . . . . . 2011.  I think I like you.

1 comment: