Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Darn Knit.

My sisters were in town this past weekend.  For sake of "privacy" - I shall refer to them as Sister1 and Sister2.  Sister1 is my older sister and Sister2 is my younger sister.  Would this make me Sister1.5???

*** I also have 2 brothers.  Brother1 is just one year younger than me and Brother2 is 18 years younger than me. When mom and dad told us they were pregnant with Brother2, I was entirely grossed out.  As an 18 year old, I really didn't want to think about my parents "doing it".  They were OLD after all . . . like 39.  I remember always sticking with the story that Brother2 was an "accident" bc OH MY WORD . ...how embarrassing that they were TRYING to get pregnant! ****

Where was I?  Yes.  This past weekend.  Sister1 has 3 boys (G is 6, O is 4 and Oli is 2) and they were also along for the weekend festivities. Boyd was in charge of them while we went to my friend Tana's house to learn the art of knitting.  Tana asked us what we were wanting to make and Sister1 and Sister2 had decided on a cowl while I wanted to learn how to make fun knitted hats.  This was a mistake.  Sister1 and Sister2 were happily knitting along while I was stuck on how to make a slip knot.  It went steadily downhill from there.  I started out wanting a hat.  I then decided it would be a child's hat.  And then a baby headband and finally a Christmas tree ornament of a stocking hat.  Needless to say, I had to start entirely over. 



Tana was gracious enough not to mock me.  Sister1 and Sister2 were not so gracious.  The above picture is Sister1 showing off her new skills.  No, she did not knit that shawl in 5 hrs.  BUT she is knitting.  Officially.  and so is Sister2.  Its disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment