Saturday, March 5, 2011

Warning: This is a Tangent.

I just got done cleaning up another mound of diarrhea from Bowser, my future brother-in-law's dog.

I just realized I mention poop alot in this blog.  My apologies.

So. Yes. I was kind of crabby yesterday.  There is too much hammering, sawing, dust and pooping going on around here.  The bright spot of the day was that Wendi and Tony were coming over that evening to see the house and then head out to eat.

We decided we wanted to head to Nacho Mama's.  With a name like that . . . how could you resist?  We get there . . . .one hour wait.  We then decided to cross the bridge in Wisconsin and eat at San Pedro's Cafe in Hudson.  I had the street tacos. They were muy bueno.  However, being with Wendi and Tony AND eating at a Mexican restaurant made me wish we were back in Mexico.

***Time traveling taking place***

Wendi and Tony were married in December.  I was lucky and got to be a bridesmaid thus cementing our decision to make the trip to celebrate with them.  It was divine.  I'm not sure if it was just a perfectly timed break from a crappy year or it really was as great as I thought it was.

They were married on Isla Mujeres.  It is an island near Cancun.  The wedding was beautiful.  The music was fantastic.  The weather was dreamy.  And the food was delicious. 

I'm not the greatest bridesmaid.  The whole "figuring out hair, makeup, general hygiene" before the big event escapes me.  Fortunately, my friend, Sherri, was there.  She is very adept at remembering these things.  As I was looking at my toes and realizing they were grossing me out . . . I thought, "hey, I should put some toenail polish on.  That will solve everything."  I had my dress on at this point and said out loud: "This probably isn't the smartest thing but I will be REALLY careful."  Famous last words.

I spilled dark red polish on the baby blue dress.  Wendi was getting her hair done in the other room so she couldn't survey the damage.  I just kept saying:  This is really bad.  Really Really bad.  I start looking for scissors  - - because that is obviously the first thing one should do in a wardrobe emergency.  Sherri takes control of the situation.   She finds a brooch and pins up my dress.  Ta da!  Fixed.  No wonder she was the Maid of Honor.  Lucky for me, Wendi was a laid-back bride and was completely elated that I was able to use her brooch for my wardrobe malfunction.  **Later in the day, Tony mentions something about having the wrong belt along and hoping Wendi doesn't get mad.  I start laughing.  Seriously . . if she kept her cool with me ruining the dress, I'm pretty sure she won't care about the belt.  And I was right.**

Unfortunately, I ended up looking like the "freakish" bridesmaid that had to be different than everyone else and make my dress shorter and glitzier.  If they only knew . . . .

Later that night during the wedding dance:

Boyd LOVES wedding dances.  I mean REALLY LOVES them.  **random note:  someone who saw him dancing at a wedding said they would pay him to show up at their wedding dance to keep things exciting.  He was flattered.**  So, Boyd is doing a solo thing with the body flops on the floor and even ended it with a rock-n-roll splits-type-move.  He gets back up and starts dancing and then all of the sudden says to me:  "I just blew my pants out."  and then he quickly backs up to a pillar.  I'm alarmed. I have no idea what "blew my pants out" means.  But, I'm having fun, so I ignore him for awhile and keep dancing.  After awhile, when he isn't coming back out to the floor - - I go looking for him.   He had managed to rip a large whole in his pants.  Long story short - -he takes a cab back to the hotel and makes it back with a fresh pair of pants and starts dancing his little heart out again.  What a trooper.

Boyd proving you really can dance too hard.
This is a really long post.  So to make a long story even longer . . .the 2nd half of our trip, we traveled to Tulum for peace and quiet and relaxation.  It was blissful.  Honestly . . the trip was refreshing for the soul.  We were able to have the fun, party atmosphere with friends and then kick back, read a few books, walk the beaches and hang out together in Tulum.  I cannot wait to go back.

That is all.  I will share some pics.  Lucky you.

Our view outside the door of our cabana in Tulum. 

Showing some killer dance moves.

Yeah!  We still like each other!

Wendi and Tony

My pinned dress and story telling talents.  I appreciate courtesy laughs.
Classmates meeting up in Mexico.  The way it should be.

I need another vacation . . . .quickly.

1 comment:

  1. This might be my favorite post yet - and not just because I'm mentioned. But I really would like to go back to Mexico also. I love the stories that we got out of you and Boyd's wacky wedding adventures :).

    ReplyDelete