Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Baby Cate

Catherine Louise Strande ("Cate") was born on March 20th to Brother1 and Erin.  Boyd and I traveled to Sioux Falls this past weekend (I KNOW - - we did not go to MN!) to meet Cate and also watch Brother2 play in a basketball tournament.  Cate is sweet.  This may shock some of you, but I typically do not think that "all babies are cute".  I'm sorry . . they are not.  However, Cate is adorable and no, I'm not biased. :) *see . . smiley face inserted . . this is to reduce the risk of people getting offended that I just said not all babies are cute . . :)*

 
Boyd, Cate and Cooper
I do not get to see Brother1 and his family as much as I would like.  I am hoping this will change since we live in the same state now.  Cooper is a high-energy little chap and he ADORES Cate.  I really hope she still has eyeballs in 3 months - he loves to poke at her face.  I tried to get him to just touch her feet but he goes right back to her little face.  He also thinks he should be able to hold her whenever he likes.  He's charming AND assertive.  Oh dear.

Cooper is ready to go "find some puppies"

Other than the arrival of Cate . . . I have very little to report.  Both Boyd and I felt "off" all weekend since it is out of our routine to stay put.  It was a needed break from the traveling and . .. . we were able to finish taxes!  That is newsworthy, right?!  Such a painful, painful ordeal.  I'm very confused as to how and why we all decided we would pay taxes and PROVE that we paid taxes.  Fine . . I'll pay them but don't make me keep track of everything.  Would a pinky-swear suffice as evidence?  I discovered last year that the IRS does not accept plasma donations as payment.  Commies.

I would like to report that I have only made 2 meals since moving here.  Yes. 2.  And one was an appetizer.  But it still counts.

I have been feeling very lethargic lately . . . people say exercise helps with this problem but I'm trying to see if caffeine and junk food will do the trick.  I'm wondering if the fact that I have only cooked 2 meals is playing into this . . . I'm not a doctor so I won't jump to conclusions.

I shall keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment