Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Super 8 - Where Life's Not So Great.

I'm tired of winter.  I'm tired of being cold.

Boyd and I just ate at Sr. Max's.  It felt as though I was back in high school . . . except for being old . . . .  Ahh . . the greasy nachos. . . . how I loved you.  I still ordered them but now I'm nervous I will have another "Potato Ole episode" tonight. (I would link to this story, but that would involve me using the "help" button to figure it out) We then strolled through the mall.  It lasted 5 minutes.  Dang.   However, the mall does have a hurricane simulation machine. I find this ironic - given that stepping outside on the Prairie involves precipitation being hurled at your face at warp speed.  

Last night we unloaded the trailer full of our junk. The weather was spewing ice chunks at us.  SoDak was literally giving us "the finger" as a welcome.

Last weekend . . . . well . . . last weekend was tough.  I think I am still recovering.

Mom and Dad came to help us out and since we have our renters moved in  - - we got to stay at the Super 8 - - where life's not so great.  Its been awhile since I've stayed in a MOtel.  And its going to be an even longer while before I do it again.  The hard beds, the tiny rooms . . the smoking and non smoking rooms located right next to each other.   Mom told Sister2 she should stay with us.  After all, "there is plenty of floor space for you."  Sister2 declined.

Dad had forgotten his luggage in SD.  Its entirely out of his character to do this so I didn't bug him too much about it.  Although maybe if he didn't pack his luggage in garbage bags, it wouldn't be so hard to remember.  Then, Mom forgot to pick me up at the office on Friday after work.  This is in character for her, so I did bug her about it.

Boyd threw his back out which ended in a trip to our friend the physical therapist -"Thanks, Mike - he's feeling much better!"  We also managed to have our diesel truck break down.  It is leaking diesel into the coolant.   Its at least a $1,000 fix.  I'm thinking about leasing Boyd out as a dancer to help pay for this.

I'd say I'm still smiling but frankly, SMILING IS FOR THE WEAK.

slk

P.S.  Good News (do not fear - I will keep good news to a minimum on this blog) - - Brother1 and his wife, Erin had their baby girl!  Her name is Catherine Louise (a.k.a "Cate").  I am hoping to be able to meet her this weekend.  She is the first niece of the family - - I highly doubt she will be spoiled at all.  :)

3 comments:

  1. Oh, friend. This made me laugh, but also sad. Think of all the character you are building. Things will all work out eventually, and in the meantime, Boyd is going to make a super hot dancer, especially if you rent him out in SD. :). Talk to you soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have to agree with Wendi.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Senor Max's...good times! Used to be my favorite restaurant, maybe still is in watertown,,,also, I am pretty sure it was perfect weather in minneapolis! Having such a huge climate change has to be tough! :)

    ReplyDelete