Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Moving Weekend.

I am typing while all three boys are screaming and chasing each other.  O is yelling at G not to laugh at him.  Oli is begging to "do the airplane".  I am tempted to throw them outside into a snow bank but I think that is against the "caretaking handbook".

What shall I write about?  How about the Stillwater house? Are some of you thinking: "Good Grief - - does the girl ever have anything else to discuss?!"  No.  I guess not.

So, here you go.  We randomly found renters.  Sister2 lives with a family and they had some friends who were looking to live in Stillwater.  They are moving in on the 17th . . . yes . . . this month.  As in tomorrow.

Any idea how difficult it is to sand and stain the main floor WHILE getting all your crap out of the house?  Its tough.  I keep trying to look at this situation as a "marriage/character building seminar".   If I only snap twice in a day . . . victory.  More than two mean comments at Boyd . .. fail.  At this rate - I might never get out of this "seminar" but rest assured I will have a TON OF CHARACTER.

Regardless . . . renters are GOOD to have.  So we shall celebrate.

Jordan was still in town (remember the pooping dog - - that dog is his) and Sister2 was a great help.  Our friend Ben also stopped over to help with the move.  (Ben is the king of hoodies.  Boyd tries to keep up but is no match for Ben's high caliber hoodie-wardrobe.)
Those boxes look heavy. (Jordan, Boyd and Ben)
Sister2 kept telling me that we HAD to meet up with her and Jordan at Nacho Mama's for dinner on Saturday.  I said I couldn't commit.  She then said they would help if we promised we would do dinner.  OK, FINE!  I need the help and I love Mexican Food.  Deal.

We show up at Nacho Mama's and an entire table yells at us.  It was a surprise going away dinner.  Basically all my favorite people in one spot.  It was lovely.  I did really well with not being sad and then on the way back to the house I started to cry.  BLASTED FEELINGS! Just when you think you have stuffed your emotions down deep enough . . . . . It is truly amazing the wonderful people we have met in Minnesota. 
See?!  We DO have friends.  They are not paid actors.
Jonathan and Stacy Anderstrom, Dan and Steph Greene, Jon and Jenny Ochs, Shawna Bergman, Darren Matson, Ben Kidd, Kevin and Candy Zollinger, Wendi and Tony Engebretsen.  And of course, there are others who have been very special to us who are not pictured.  I have always loved our "hodge podge" of friends.  They come from different times in our  lives in Minnesota.  Some are friends from when I went to college at Northwestern.  Others we met through softball and of course through jobs, where we lived, etc.

I hope we are able to keep in touch.  PUH-LEASE come and visit us!  Boyd is already having paintball dreams dancing through his head. 

****
Wow.  This is not a "light-hearted" post at all.  I shall switch subjects . . . how about the poop subject?  I have very little material. :)

I use smiley faces a lot.  Every time I type an email, I think I use at least 5 smiley faces.  I'm not sure why.  Maybe its because I can come across as offensive and it softens the blow with a smiley face.  Or maybe I'm just being passive aggressive.  No idea.  Someone name my mental disorder.  It will save me millions in fees.

In other news, Mr. Hobbs came to the Prairie with us on this trip.  Supposedly the renters are allergic to cats (absurd, I know) and didn't want the cat-with-the-house- deal.  Oli, however is THRILLED.  And so far, it has helped with distracting him.  Whenever I need a small break, I tell him that Hobbs is hiding and he should find him.  It is even more convincing if you have him close his eyes and then say "Mr Hobbs, go hide!"
Mr. Hobbs did a poor job of hiding.
I love it that Oli likes me . . but I wish he would stop calling me his "big friend".

***

On our drive back from Stillwater we stopped at Taco John's.  I think I consumed an entire pound of potato ole's.  Lovely.  Later that night after we went to bed, I found myself on the bathroom floor.  Most people only have the "spent the night on the bathroom floor" because they partied too hard.  Not me.  Nope.  Mine is because I have no will power with Potato Ole's and nacho cheese.  Seriously . . when did I get OLD???  My love for greasy food never sent me to the bathroom floor before.  I thought we had something special.  I thought my relationship with grease was safe and secure - - something I could count on.   

****

Did I skip around enough?  Was it hard to follow?  Did I make you cry?

5 comments:

  1. Do these children have a mother? It seems like you are bearing much of the child rearing. Mental note: when searching for lost children don't forget the possibility of snow bank time out. Ryan was constantly threatening the snowbank heave. Even in July. Ask them, they'll tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Notice how I was TYPING while the chaos was ensuing. ;) I think it would be classified as "child ignoring" not child rearing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't tell but I used the 'snow bank' once. Worked like a charm (all 20 seconds of it) and never had to do it again.
    I love the Hobbs story. How does Hobbs feel about Oli :) and sadly I completely relate to the grease 'issues', too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE potato oles! And poop stories. And child ignoring. This post had it all! :) Signed, your friend who is also a major offender of overusing smiley faces. :) :)

    ReplyDelete