Saturday, February 12, 2011

Random.

It's the weekend.  My parents are here along with Brother2.  He's 12.  Remember?  My parents had him when they were OLD.  At 39.

A few highlights of the weekend:

So far we have accomplished that Boyd and I disagree on everything that has to deal with efficiency and  level of importance.  What would you rate paint-touch-ups on over 200 rafters at???  On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the highest - I would rate it at 1.2.  Personally, I think STAIRS would be nice to have.  Yes. I do.  I also think potential renters or buyers would feel the same way.   The other issue of the rafters is he wants me to use oil-base paint to do it.  I don't do oil base paint.  I HATE IT.  I DESPISE IT.  And so I had to put my foot down.  Boyd then says, "Fine, I will do it." - - WHICH IS STUPID because he's the only person who has any sort of talent.  So, I called his bluff.  I was afraid his stubbornness would win out over common sense . . .and it may have, but fortunately, his forgetfulness came through for me.  So, the rafters are not "touched up" and I think they look beautiful. 
***
We are a vision of marital bliss.
***
Brother2 has really been working on using stilts.  He also built crutches to use while on the stilts.  Its been very productive.
***
Mr. Hobb's litter is in the office as I type.  Right by my feet.  The stench is powerful.  Is your question:  Why is the litter in the office or why does she not move it?  I have no answers for you.
***
Boyd just tried on dress pants that Sister2 and I had picked up for him at Banana Republic. We decided he should look nice for her wedding coming up in June.  The pants are super long on him . . .  I asked him what he thinks.  He says:  "THESE ARE PERFECT!"  Do you see what I am dealing with here?  DELUSIONAL.
***
Conversation overheard:
Brother2:  Boyd!  What's your favorite dinosaur?
Boyd: (silence - thinking) Why do you ask?
Brother2:  I just don't think I've ever asked you that before.
Boyd:  I'd have to go with the Triceratops. 
Good LORD.
***
Lou has been sneaking poop from Mr. Hobb's litter box.  He's crafty and has bad breath.
***
Have I mentioned that I hate living in construction?  Tis' True.  Here is a picture of my kitchen.  Dad is standing on the kitchen island, while Mom and Sister2 are making a hotdish.  We love a good hotdish.   
Don't be alarmed.  Polyurethane in the casserole is perfectly fine.
Sister2 to Mom:  "If you, Dad and Brother2 sleep downstairs on the floor, I guess I will stay." (this would leave the guest bedroom to the Princess.)
***
Mom:  "You need to show more respect to your parents."
***
Mom just let yet another fart slip:  "oops"

5 comments:

  1. wow...loved the dinosaur question and Danny's helpfulness around the house! Similar experience here when we were moving as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not to mention the sledding contest or the "avalanches"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was hoping to see Sav's cast...but I think it's blocked by the windex. I love the blog...you are a great writer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really should show MORE RESPECT to your parents!!!! especially your loving mother!

    ReplyDelete