Friday, October 28, 2011

Updates

I have been fighting a cold.  I am blaming Oli.  I have heard that the older you get, the less times you get sick because of being exposed to different strains of sickness . . . . I find that to be bogus.  So, in honor of being sick (and in honor of every day of my life), I stopped at McDonalds’ on my way to work.  A new voice greeted me at the drive thru lane.  I don’t like new voices. I like the old voice that knows exactly what I want before I even say it.
Me (speaking slowly, loudly and clearly since I could tell she was new): I would like a small, nonfat hot mocha.
New Girl: Did you want that iced or hot?
Me: Hot
New Girl: Whole or nonfat milk?
Me: Nonfat
New Girl: Was that a medium?
Me: Nope. A small.
I find that whenever I pray for patience, I get A LOT of these scenarios.  I find that when I pray for wisdom, I get extremely complicated real estate stuff thrown my way.  I’m aware that God is toying with me.  Lesson learned - - stop praying. ;) (*Mom - Don't worry, I’m exaggerating . . . . sort of*)
*****
I was at Sister1's house a few nights ago for a get together for my dad’s birthday.  Oli hasn’t been feeling well (I’m blaming him for my current illness) and so I picked him up because he was so tired.  He looks at me and with perfect timing and voice inflection he says: “Have you been working out?”  I found myself being flattered by a 3 year old.  Come to find out, he was concerned that if I HAVEN’T been working out, I would not be strong enough to continue to hold him.  Love that kid.
*****
Our October sale ROCKED.  It was fantastic.  Cindy Grantham and Pam & Bob Gaikowski AND the Morgan Sisters from Minnesota were the spotlight vendors and their stuff was amazing.  At the beginning of the sale, I had to stand outside because there wasn’t room for me to be in the Shoppe!  My friend Natalie from Minnesota is the November vendor.  I am very excited.  She said she is "overwhelmed" by how much stuff she has.  The girl rarely gets overwhelmed so I am giddy with anticipation.
******
Sister1 surprised me with hiring out my house to be cleaned.  It was FABULOUS.   I now need to figure out how I can justify having that done weekly.  Maybe Boyd can get a 2nd job.
***** 
I started a book club through the Shoppe.  We recently read:  Until They Bring the Streetcars Back by Stanley Gordon West.  It is one of my all time favorite books.  We discussed a litany of subjects - - our love for wizards and vampires,  the Scandinavian awkwardness of hugging, etc.  We also discussed the book.  For next month we are reading:  Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.  It is a magician love story.  

*****
I am at the Shoppe today.  I have been trying to call Boyd to come fix the sticky doorknob at the Shoppe.  He is ignoring me.  I will punish him later with grocery shopping.  I love being married.  
*******
I had a shopper in today and she beefed.  Or at least I think she beefed. It could have been her perfume but for her sake I hope it was a fart.  I have a bad cold with little access to my nasal passages and it was STILL awful.  Good heavens.
******
Our friend Darren is coming to visit this weekend.  It is our first overnight guest.  Boyd has been busy lining up paintball and Bronco parts so that he is ready for MAN TIME.  I have been busy thinking of any electrical work I need done. :)
******
I hope you all have a fabulous weekend.  



No comments:

Post a Comment