Sunday, October 16, 2011

Boyd's Obsession

My husband is great.  He really is.

And one of the great things about him is that he only has 2 obsessions:  paintball and Broncos.  See?  I CAN be optimistic. :)

He searches the internet for anything involving paintball, makes us stop at strange hole-in-the-wall shops that carry equipment and are run by weirdos dressed in army fatigues.  Honestly.  It is nerd central.  And he loves it.  But enough about paintball.

This weekend, after months and months of searching, he is replacing his last Bronco with a "new" one.  We loved the last one but had to sell it with the house debacle of 2010.   He handled it like a champ -   probably knowing that there was no way I could say no later on.  Jerk.

Super cute, right?! 
He used to have a picture of it on his desk.  Not a picture of me.  A picture of his truck.  True love.

This weekend we traveled to Minnesota to work on the basement of the White Bear Lake house.  We THINK we have renters moving in November 1st (pending application approval).  Ahhh . . . . Breathing a big sigh of relief.  While I was obsessed with finding renters for the house . . . the only thing Boyd could think about was the stupid green Bronco.  I decided to hate it for awhile since my husband was not stressing, biting his nails, having weird anxiety dreams, etc.  Frankly, it just wasn't fair.

But, at long last, I can stop my obsession of finding renters and he can stop his obsessing of find the perfect Bronco.

Not a huge fan of the green but Boyd adores it.
At this moment, I am in Sartell, Minnesota waiting to leave for SoDak.  Boyd is chumming it up with Mr. Bronco Gearhead and I'm starting to mock them quietly in my head.   The tires are too big and the green isn't my favorite.  I would prefer a vintage dusty blue but no one asks for my opinion. :)

I'm not a big fan of road trips - 6 hours is is my "cap".  Yes.  I know that is pathetic.  Boyd is really stretching me today with the trip to Sartell from White Bear and now the trip to Watertown from Sartell.  I get bored easily and Boyd doesn't always feel like talking.  I have grown accustomed to his silence and no longer wonder if he is cranky.  Supposedly silence does not necessarily equal cranky for him.  It only does for me.  Once I asked him what he was thinking.  He said:  "Nothing".  I disagreed and said: "SOMETHING has to be going on in your head!"  He answered with:  "I am counting the mile markers and calculating the speed in my head to see if my speedometer is correct."

I no longer ask him what he is thinking.

You know who doesn't mind road trips?

This guy.

Happy as a clam and somehow found my pillow and made a perfect little bed for himself.

Mental note:  Must do laundry.

*******

2 comments:

  1. I had to read the 'what are you thinking?' part to Damian. He cracked up because that is exactly something he would do. Maybe we need a road trip...I'd totally talk to you the whole way.

    ReplyDelete