Wednesday, October 12, 2011

OCD, Weight Loss and Glue Guns

Mel has been licking his tail.  And licking it and licking it.  He licked all the hair off of it down to gross skin stuff.  Boyd kept ignoring it.  I kept gagging every time I saw it.  I finally scheduled a vet visit.  I was informed Mel is OCD.  And to let his tail heal, he has to take medication for this disorder, wear a cone and take antibiotics.  Ugh.  
I’ve been a tad emotional lately.  I’m not sure if it is just hormonal or if things have just been tougher than usual.  Regardless, I started crying while at the vet.  I really like Mel.
I love our dogs.  Granted, we don’t have children so that may be part of my love for Mel and Lou but the joy they emit when you come out the door is overwhelming.  They don’t get bogged down with the daily grind.  They may be bored out of their minds for 8 hours a day but you would never know it when you are around them.  They don’t complain.  They eat whatever I give them and their self-confidence is amazing.  Oh to be a dog. 
******
Sister1 and Sister2 have started a weight loss contest.  It made me start to think about the fact that I should start exercising again.  So, I went in on Monday and weighed myself at the gym.  I wasn’t pleased but wasn’t surprised either. . . . Ok. I can handle that.  But then I tried making dinner that night and I underestimated how long it would take to make the meal so we didn’t eat until 8pm.  By then I was starving and I also noticed leftover chocolate cake from Jim’s birthday. I had FORGOTTEN about the chocolate cake!  So I had a large helping of that WITH icecream.  I weighed myself on Tuesday.  I was up a pound which in the scheme of how much I ate . . . wasn't too bad.
History has proven time and time again, that whenever I TRY to lose weight, I lose all self-control because my mind can only think about how GREAT it would be to EAT this/that RIGHT NOW.  Today, I was still going to give it a shot.  But then I had to skip lunch to take my OCD dog to the vet and spend $140 that I don’t have which then made me STARVING at 5pm when I left the office.  I promptly went to McDonald’s and ordered a McDouble with fries and a Coke.  Lovely.  I think this officially ends my weight loss program.
********
I’ve also been struggling in my creative life.  Good grief!  Pity party all around.  I haven’t created anything in a long time so I finally sat down and decided to dive in on a window project that I have been meaning to do.  But then I realized that my glue gun was missing. WHAT CRAFTY PERSON CAN’T FIND THEIR GLUE GUN?!  Forget that I only have ONE glue gun and should probably have 5 . . . but I can’t FIND IT ANYWHERE.  No glue sticks either.  The whole thing is confusing. So much for my organized work table that takes up half the living space in our house.  


3 comments:

  1. Don't you still have my glue gun? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I agree whole heartedly about the dogs and forget the dieting till the 'stressers' are resolved...just my expert opinion. Dieting takes all your energy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have your STAPLE gun! :) A girl must have 2 guns: Staple AND glue. :)

    ReplyDelete