Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I tried. I really did.


IMPORTANT NEWS UPDATE:  
And no, its not about the stock market.   It’s bigger.  I cooked the other night.  The whole: Go-to-the-grocery-store-search-the-aisles-looked-so-confused-that-someone-offered-to-help-me COOKED.  And it was awful.  I was going to make this yummy spicy pasta dish.  It called for garlic cloves.  I saw garlic cloves (after 25 minutes of looking) and they seemed rather complicated.  So I decided to see if there was a garlic clove powder instead (I really like shortcuts).  YES!  There were ground cloves.  Wala!  I was patting myself on the back for such innovative thinking.
I simmered the bacon and tomato sauce . . had the fresh mushrooms going and added my spices . . mmmm . .  looks complicated AND delicious!  Boyd is going to be so impressed!  
I did the taste test.  It tasted funny.  And kind of gross.  I may have thrown some things.  I can’t remember . . . I blacked out.  Supposedly, ground cloves ARE NOT THE SAME as garlic cloves.  I guess they are used more in pumpkin spiced foods.  
The lesson learned in all of this:  Take a nap instead.  I had a sneaky suspicion that I was being too ambitious.  I shall heed my inner voice more carefully next time.
Boyd laughed hysterically and said he was glad that I was unique (whatever that means).  The ironic thing is that he eats ANYTHING so I probably should not have even told him.  He probably would have raved about it.  Dork. 
He did mention that its my own karma biting me in the a*s . . supposedly it is getting back at me for calling him a happy lesbian.  Whatever.  
******
In other news:  Our White Bear Lake renters were gifted a house from one of their parents.  Who does that and in what world?!  So, that means we have to find new renters before the end of September.  Its August.  Fantastic.  Anyone want to live in a quiet little suburb of St. Paul?  It’s great.  Really.  We loved it there.
Looks like my fall just filled up.  *sigh*

Such a great house.  I miss it.
******
Our nephew Jake is visiting from Oklahoma. We don’t get to see him often so it was fun to see him this summer.  We went tubing at Sister1’s.  He and Graham could tube for hours.  It looked exhausting.  We also did some go-karting, miniature golf and pizza consuming.   He’s such a great kid.


******
I painted some furniture items today for the next Shoppe Occasional Sale.  I think it is going to be pretty stellar if I say so myself. 

1 comment:

  1. how have i not read your blog before today? you are hilarious!! i love how you bought ground cloves instead of garlic cloves...priceless!

    p.s. i am allen's sister (the former emily west)

    ReplyDelete