Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Flea Markets. Food. Forts.

This post has nothing to do with Forts . . . I just like F words.  :)

We were in Minnesota this past weekend.  Shocking, right?

Rock and Kim Arnold joined us this time.  Rock had mentioned once to Boyd that he would like to help out some weekend on the Stillwater house.  I'm unsure if he knew that Boyd would take him up on it.  We don't turn down help.  No sir, we don't.

I was able to talk Kim into coming along so I wouldn't have to shop alone.

We stayed in a hotel in Roseville.  I thought I was beating the system by using hotwire but both rooms ended up only have double beds.   I THOUGHT the beds looked small but never realized that hotels STILL USE double beds.  Why?! Boyd thought we could still "snuggle" and kept coming over to my bed.  I kept pushing him out.   He then started saying: "It's opposite day!"  Obviously, we spend a lot of time with humans under the age of 8.

My main goal for the weekend was to check out the Oronoco Flea Market.  It's supposed to be one of the biggest flea markets in the midwest.  It was HUGE.  Kim and I even got lost.  At some point, all the tents and old crap started to look the same.  Unfortunately, for my purposes of trying to find merchandise for the Shoppe, it was a little over priced.   We may have gotten a little lost but managed to find icecream - - are you ever lost if you can find an icecream stand?  

Boyd and Rock got a lot done on the back porch.  I was very impressed.  As I'm sure they were impressed by our hardcore shopping skills and drive.

We ate a lot.  Yes.  We made sure to introduce them to Nacho Mama's . . . it is a Stillwater favorite of ours AND who can resist a restaurant with a name like that?

Such a great weekend.  I think Boyd is still full.

The Shoppe's August Occasional Sale begins this Thursday at 9am (Vendors of the month are the Noem sisters from Bryant, SD)!  I am scrambling once again.  Spray painting station is set up in the backyard and Boyd is receiving orders on what to fix, tighten, etc.  He's a lucky guy.

I need to go - - have a million things to do in the time frame of 24 hours.  I'm channeling my inner "Jack Bauer".

Adios!

P.S.  No proofreading has been done (even Jack Bauer probably has misspellings in his texting) . . .




No comments:

Post a Comment