Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Hills.


We love to visit Ryan and Christy.  Christy is my cousin and Boyd and Ryan might be long lost brothers. . . I’m not sure.  Boyd gets excited to go REAL mountain biking and Ryan obliges and takes him on some trails.  EVERY TIME Boyd goes he is quickly reminded that he is a flatlander while sucking air.  I guess this last little excursion was made even more interesting bc Boyd had consumed A LOT of cream cheese just before taking off.   That does not sound like my husband at all.

We also did a couple of fun hikes.   Ryan always says its a "secret trail".  I'm not sure if it is true or not but it makes us feel special.    



We went out to lunch with Bob and Aileen (Christy’s parents).  They are fantastic.  I would like to give a shout out to Bob - - Hi Bob!  He is a conniseur of the local restaurants and has great opinions of what we should order.  Boyd took his dare and consumed the entire Meatloaf Sandwich (did not learn from his cream cheese episode) and I had the Mango Berry Salad (delic!).  Bob always knows what we are up to because he reads my blog:
Bob:  Out of my entire family, I am the one who keeps up with your blog religiously!
Me:  Nice!  I suppose you now know I am a terrible cook?
Bob:  No.  I now know you are certifiably crazy.
See?  Family is the best. ;)
After Ryan got off of work - we headed to Spearfish.  We did a small hike that was completely gorgeous and got to stop in and see Dale and Sandy Boe and Stacy Miller.  Dale and Sandy run Vocations for Orphans.  This is the organization that we hooked up with when we went to Chile to work on the orphanage.  It was so great to see them - - would love to go again someday.  Dale had just arrived that day from Chile.  Check out:  www.vfo.org for more info.
AND then we ate at a crazy good pizza joint.  mmmmm.....
On Saturday, Ryan was gracious enough to take Boyd on another ride.  It was a trail he had not been on before, it was titled:  The Bone Collector.  Boyd immediately perked up at the name of the trail.  He kept trying to use the name of the trail several times in a sentence.  It was slightly annoying but kind of cute all at the same time.
Boyd came home with blood on his arm.  He felt pretty special. 

Christy is pregnant.  Boyd was showing off his pregnant belly too.


I got to hit a few garage sales, went to a BBQ with even more relatives, and laughed a lot.  It was a nice weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment