Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend

This weekend was GORGEOUS.   Finally.   Shannon's dock had been put in but not secured (I am unsure of the specifics of all of that) and then we had 50 mph winds.  It was painful.  I think I can handle the wind . . .but I can't. I really can't.  Anyway . . . during that time, her dock flipped over in the water.  So, this weekend a bunch of guys came over at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday to flip it back over.  It was windy and wavy (is that a word? It looks funny) and the water isn't warm yet.  There were girly screams galore.  The effort was gallant but alas, the dock split in two.   To be continued . . . . .


No men were injured in this attempt.
I was busy working on painting projects all weekend.  Brother1 and Erin came to visit on Saturday and also Sarah, Erin's sister.  We did wedding stuff and hashed out important details like who is on what golf team for the Pre-Wedding activities.  Boyd just found out he's not in the wedding.   So now he's in charge of serving lemonade.   I jest.  Kind of.

The boys have been a lot of fun lately.  I bought them "pop its" or "snaps" . . the little things you throw on the concrete and they make a loud Snap! sound. . . anyway . . I taught O how to rig the toilet seat with them.   He kept telling Sister1 that he was "pretty sure she had to use the bathroom" and then he would clamp his hand over his mouth to stop from laughing out loud.  He's not the most discreet.

Have I mentioned that we found a house?!  I keep forgetting to tell people.   I think I am afraid of jinxing it since it was such an issue to get a loan.  BUT . . . as far as I know, the closing is still scheduled and we are moving forward.  Fingers crossed, knock on wood, throwing salt over my shoulder (is that for good luck or am I completely off on that?)  The house is small and cute.  And has a lime green foundation which Boyd hates but I find kind of charming.  In 2 weeks we will be moving again.  "sigh".

I painted 3 chairs and 2 dressers.  WHOO HOOO.  Although I still have some finishing touches on all of them.  Fail!  Boyd finished the stairs on Sister1's front porch. Win!  



All-in-all it was a lovely weekend.  







No comments:

Post a Comment