Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Our House In The Middle Of Our Street.

We bought a house!  We are in the process of moving yet again.  A "not so fun fact" - this is our 3rd move since October.  You would think we would have the process down - but we do not.

On the top of my list of WHY I don't like moving is that I never know where anything is.  I ended up using a pillow case for a towel.  I ran to Target to buy new sheets since I couldn't find our tote of linens JUST to realize after I got home that I only bought one flat sheet - not a set, like I had thought. Oh, Target . . . how can you do this to me - you always make me happy when skies are gray.  I have been let down.

The paint fumes gave me a severe headache and I woke up several times in pain.  Of course, who knows where in the H the ibuprofen is. . . probably with our linens.  Boyd slept blissfully.  Jerk.

HOWEVER . . . despite my moaning and groaning, I am very excited to have a new place to call home. The backyard is delightful.  The previous owner was meticulous inside and out with this property and I am forever grateful to him.  G and O came to check out the new digs and G says:  "This is the coolest house I have ever seen - all you need is a zipline and a hot tub."  He was being serious.  O picked a few of our strawberries and says excitedly to Sister1: "Mom!  These taste just like real strawberries!"



I guess I will have to add zipline to my "must purchase" list along with vacuum cleaner and microwave.  Does anyone else find it disappointing to use birthday money to buy a stupid vacuum cleaner?!

And lastly . . . please enjoy a lovely tune from the 80s.  I think.

http://youtu.be/4p4RWBCEFRo

No comments:

Post a Comment