Friday, October 26, 2012

Football and Books and Snakes, oh my.

Work has begun on the window display at the Goss Opera House. The Facebook announcement has been sent out and postcards are being passed out. All of this means that I am now 100% committed.
Committed.


*********

The Hamlin Chargers lost last night to the Arlington Cardinals.
Let’s have a moment of silence.
(Silence)
It was a great game.
I may have wet my pants.
Just a little.

********

Book Club was last night. I adore these ladies who read books.
My favorite quote was "It is so cool that you have read so many books".
FINALLY. The heavens have parted and I have finally made it to the "cool" status.
Unfortunately, this event has happened 15 years later than I would have preferred.
*******

It was a rough morning yesterday. Not only did it snow but I realized my hair is extremely greasy and I did not leave enough time in my morning schedule to wash it (this is not that unusual). So I decided to turn a rough morning into a better morning by celebrating (the first snow fall - - not my lack of personal hygiene) by ordering my first peppermint mocha of the season. Mmmmm......much better. Not only is it delicious but it also serves for fattening me up for the winter winds that I will be enduring in the very near future.

********

I don't really have any house updates.  Its always the same but with boring details.  Boyd finds the details extremely interesting but I'm just waiting for a HOUSE to finally make it onto the premises.  I do not care about running piping, where to put the furnace or where the well will be situated.  Have I mentioned that we have a well to get our water from?  I'm envisioning me carrying buckets of water on my head while the 50+ mph winds whip at my thin home-sewn dress that I made out of curtains.  Boyd has been assuring me that I can just turn the faucet on and water will miraculously appear. 
We'll see.

********

I heard roosters (as in male pheasants for you "out of staters") the other night when I dropped by the property.  It was magical.  Boyd immediately mumbles something about hunting blah blah blah.  So I dubbed the FIRST RULE OF OUR NEW HOME: 
Our measly little 4.5 acres is OFFICIALLY a safe haven for animals.  Come one and come all.  No shooting allowed.  Snakes may be the exception.  I really hate snakes. 

This is only one of many similarities I share with Indiana Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment