Saturday, April 16, 2011

I smell something funny.

I do.  I'm not sure what I'm smelling . . . is it me?  Is it the dog? Is it my cute daisy blanket that I bought at the senior citizen garage sale?  Is it odd that I smelled something funny and then thought to myself: I should write a post? Or is it even more odd that I'm not too concerned about the smell and am just going to light a candle instead?

Updates.  I am working tirelessly with shop stuff.  And yet, sometimes I find myself pacing - not sure what I should do next.  But, as long as I'm moving and being nervous . . somehow that justifies my lack of progress.  Donna started painting today.  I will be finishing it tomorrow.  It looks great. 

In other news.  G lost his very first tooth.  I had forgotten how momentous this event was.  He was ecstatic.  He just started pulling on it outside of the shop (I had dragged Sister1 and G there to check it out.  Again) and then starts spitting blood.  RIGHT OUTSIDE MY SHOP.  Sheesh.  I was afraid it was going to look like a crime scene.  But, oh my.  The grins.  So cute.  I was terrified of losing teeth as a child.  As in - - I was a BIG CRY BABY.  I remember only eating soup and mashed potatoes to keep the wiggly tooth in as long as possible.  Later in life - - around 10-12ish I had to have permanent teeth pulled because my mouth was crowded. This consisted of getting shots and then wearing gauze and drooling everywhere for the next 2hrs. I had to have 8 teeth total pulled (not all at once of course).  UGH - - so awful. I would pray and pray that Jesus would return before I had to go to the dentist.  He never did.  Unless, I missed it.



ANYWAY.  G was sooo excited to tell people - which then was sad because he said he really wished he could tell his dad.  Dang.

Boyd and I went to the circus with the boys.  Its been years since I've been there.  All in all, it went well.  I even managed to not buy the stupid light-up toys for the kids even though the circus was SHOVING IT DOWN our throats that EVERYONE had the coolest toys except our nephews.  To the boys' credit, they handled it very well.  One comment on the circus . . . . has it always appeared to be an elaborate Vegas striptease - scantily clad women flying in the air, ordering lions around and riding elephants?

These are called "elephants"
Great kiddos

On to another subject.  I'm forcing Sister1 to be crafty with me occasionally. We made wreathes on Tuesday.  They turned out pretty cute despite my lack of creativity skills.

 This is now for sale . . . . it can be yours for $100!  I jest.  Sort of.  It very well could end up for sale.  Most everything does eventually.  I promise it will not be $100. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment