Thursday, April 21, 2011

2011 Fashion-Accessory-Must: Helmets

G and O had birthdays this week.  I am always unsure of what to get them but after spending considerable time with them the past 2 months, it was easy.  HELMETS.   To my delight, they were a hit.  Whew!  O wore his helmet right into Applebees.  Oh to have the fashion risk/devil-may-care attitude as the boys.   Right after giving the boys their helmets, Oli walks straight into the table and whacks his head . . . . I may need to get him one also.   I doubt we can hold off until his September birthday.

Graham tried to wear his to bed.

We are doing a birthday party for the 2 boys out at my parents this weekend.  It is the "Amazing Race".  I will not give too many details at this time, but it is an Easter tradition with my family that involves some major competition, taunting and usually some crying.  It promises to be a good time.

Oli has loved the balloons that are in the house.  He kept losing his grip and I kept having to retrieve them from the ceiling until my aha! moment of tying them to his wrist.  I was a hero.  For a full minute.  I realized my folly after he was following Hobbs under our bed and could not get the balloons to follow him.  "Help!  I'm 'tuck!"  All of this happened while I was trying to get ready for work.

Have I mentioned how CRAPPY the weather has been?  Its hard to stay optimistic when it is dreary, cloudy and cold.  The other day I woke up to snow outside my window.  On my way to the car to head to work, a big wet snowball dropped from the tree straight down my shirt.  It was truly a happy crappy Monday.

The boys have been interesting.  I have never before called poison control but had the honor after Owen informed he had 2 big drinks from the Listerine.  I also have to keep my purse out of Oli's reach because he has been eating my gum.  Not "chewing" my gum . . . EATING my gum.

FYI - - I have no idea where this post is going.  I also have no idea of the "theme" of my blog.  I had actually intended on it being "creative" etc . . . but so far that has not happened.

The Shop. The Shop.  The Shop.  It consumes my every thought (all 5 of them).  I WILL TRY and get some updated pics this weekend.  I'm nervous for the opening.  What if no one comes?  Or worse, people come but then think its stupid.   I hate being nervous.  I hate when the insecurities start to raise their ugly little heads.  Maybe I should wear a helmet to the grand opening . . . . that way, if my part of the shop is a "flop" it will actually not seem too bad since "the girl with the helmet" was in charge.  Seriously . . . can you really be too critical of someone's efforts if they wear a helmet as an accessory?  I might be on to something . . .

I just might get around to doing a "small town review" this weekend . . . . .  Lake Norden's Bullpen has the dueling pianos on Friday night.  I cannot resist checking this out.

Stay tuned (pun intended)

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of the helmet!! Fantastic!! Please do it and post pictures!!

    ReplyDelete