Friday, December 30, 2011

One Lucky Girl.

Today marks 11 years of marriage to Boyd.

I'm still not sure if he is the one . . . .

That was a joke.

Sister1 set us up.  She has always been a bit bossy and this was no exception.  She and Ryan were in Watertown for a wedding.  I get a call from her.  "Get your butt over here.  I showed Boyd your senior picture and he seems interested." Ummm . . . awkward and a little creepy.  "Get here NOW."  Okay. Okay.   So, I arrive at the wedding dance with a reinforcement of friends **Because in high school that is how you roll**  So my friends and I danced and I managed to ignore him as much as possible.  Then Sister1 pulls me aside again:  "Get out there and dance with him!"  GOOD LORD!!  Remember me?  I'm your INTROVERTED SISTER!   Somehow this all worked.

I smile whenever I think of our dating time.  It was blissful.  

Boyd is 5 years older than me.   It doesn't seem like a big deal now but flash back to me being 18 and he's 23 - - it was kind of a big deal then.  Boyd had GRADUATED from college and was back in the area for supposedly just the summer.  But then we started dating and he decided to stick around until I was done with high school.   He even went to prom with me.  I was horrified.  NO WAY was I going to ask him to go - I was fine just going with a guy friend.  He finally asked me if I was ever going to ask him to prom.  Embarrassing.  And yet I love him for that.

He smashed my car that I adored - - on date #3.

He writes me love poems.

He made me a necklace that I still have and wear frequently.

He is an average bowler.

He makes me confident in his love for me.

He was, is and always will be faithful.

He is a fabulous dancer.

He laughs at all my hilarious jokes.

He is kind.

He is sort of smart.

Have I mentioned how hot he is?  Or how strong he is?

He encourages me in my crazy endeavors.

He eats all our leftovers.

He claims his "love language" is physical touch.

He loves his family and loves my family.

He is obsessed with the dorkiest of things . . . broncos and paintball.

He gives fabulous back rubs - - not to mention awesome hugs.

His handwriting looks like a 2nd grader's.

He is always up for an adventure.

***

Okay. Okay.  I will stop.  I am making myself gag a little bit.

I was warned that having an anniversary on December 30th would be a tough one to celebrate and it is -but at the same time, it is kind of nice.  It rounds out the year.  No matter how tough the year may have been . . . . our anniversary lets it end on a good note.

I am one lucky girl.

Summer of 2000

3 comments:

  1. Ohmygoodness - you two are beyond adorable and the best example of a truly perfect match that I know. Happy Anniverary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I was working with Shannon at NHLC the year you got married, and I remember hearing all about the fabulous wedding details. I can't believe it's been 11 years! Happy anniversary, and thanks for being a great example of a happy, healthy marriage.

    ReplyDelete