Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Baby Its Cold Outside

I'm rather fascinated with this song.  I love the beat, the lyrics - all of the date rape innuendos, etc.  Very festive.  I would like to hear a version of this song but switch the roles - -like have the guy basically trying to push her out the door and she's thinking of excuses why she should stay.  If someone out there does this and makes millions because of my idea - - please send me a check for $10.

*****

A recent article stated that Watertown was #5 for the coldest cities in the United States.  That's right - - we are COLD.  I like to say it keeps the riff-raff out or maybe it just keeps the "crazies" in.  Depends on my mood as to how I look at it.

******
This past weekend was a benefit for Tyler Taschner.  He is the kid who was recently paralyzed and is currently out in Denver at Craig Hospital for rehab.  We may be freezing our butts off in South Dakota but one has to admire the support a smaller community can give to a family.  The Hamlin gym was packed.  There was a dinner, silent auction and an alumni basketball tournament.  Dad realized later on that they didn't have a girl on his team (a requirement).  He then started asking every girl he could find if they had tennis shoes that would fit me.  Umm . . . no . . .  My legs are dry and flakey and I'm not mentally prepared to expose them to the entire Hamlin County!  Sheesh.  Dad didn't seem to understand the problem.  FORTUNATELY Sister2 let it slip that she had workout clothes in the car.  Ha!  Sucker.

Have I ever mentioned that I come from an intensely competitive family?   I do.  It is ridiculous.  And yet, as much as I KNOW it is ridiculous . . I get worked up at sporting events.  Sometimes I cry, my heart pounds, my stomach will hurt, I can be completely inspired by someone's drive and determination and feel so badly for someone if they miss a game winning shot.  Its a GAME for crying out loud!  Get a grip, Sabrina!


My dad is the guy wiping his face with his sleeve.  Trademark move.

I have not heard how the benefit turned out money-wise but I hope it blesses the family immensely.

******

Brother2 turned 30 the other day.  His wife lined up an 80s party at a bowling alley.  It was fun.  Brother2 loves big events and even more if they are in honor of him.  


Lots of reminiscing of the "good ole days".  We told stories and stories.  My all time favorite is when he bit his English teacher.  I know I should explain it further . . but I am not going to.   Brother2 has always been a fun part of our family and I am very thankful for him.  Even when I want to kick him.

*****

I have been trying very hard to think of the positives in life.  There are so many and yet the "physical failings" of this world get in my way all too often.  A friend of my mom's once said:  "Life doesn't have to be perfect to be wonderful."




2 comments:

  1. I like that last line. It's super. Seriously, it's super!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just finished our ritual of me reading your blog to Allen. His comment: "I think I might be in love with her...and Boyd."

    ReplyDelete