Monday, June 3, 2013

Auctions and Water

Boyd and I went to a huge auction this weekend. WIN.

It was exhausting. We filled a truck, the Jeep and a flatbed trailer. AND I still have to go back and get the rest of the stuff. So great for future sales but hard to figure out where to put it all. Fortunately a friend is letting us use his semi trailer to store things in (thanks Randy!). And fortunately mom and dad were okay with letting it sit in their yard (thanks mom and dad!).

Trust me.  It looks very classy in their yard . . . just doesn't look the greatest in mine. :)


This was the first time I had Boyd along the entire day. And since the auction was huge they had 3 different auctioneers going so I sent him with his very own number to find some great buys.
He bought . . . an overpriced trunk. FAIL.
And most everything else I threw in the dumpster.
But I really appreciated his enthusiasm. And his muscles. :)

I ran into Audrey (high school friend) at the auction. We had a blast.

In other news:

We currently do not have running water. FAIL.

We keep a 5 gallon bucket full of lake water in the bathroom to fill the toilet up every time we need to flush.
Sister2 texted me this weekend about coming over with Baby Ellie. She asked if we now have drinkable water (this has been an ongoing issue and the answer is NO.) from the tap. I texted back with: "Ironically . . we have NO water at the moment."

And now I just got a text from Boyd saying the pump will not be fixed for 1-2 days.

Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment