Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hustle. Bustle.


The holiday sale is finally over.  Such a relief and kind of disappointing.  Its almost like a wedding . . . you put a lot of work into planning the event and then Bam! Its over and now you are stuck with one big mess.  :)

Seriously though:  It was great.  I have to give a big shout out to the vendors who participated in this event.  The work and creativity they put forth was awe inspiring.  I felt so completely inept once I saw all the beautiful items.  My stuff looked like dull middle children. :)

Holiday sale held at the Goss Opera House
Yeah for shoppers!
And the shoppers.  THANK YOU loyal shoppers!  You make all the work worth it - - obviously by buying our stuff but also with all the kind words and encouragement. We really like that and, I can't speak for the others, but it made me feel warm and fuzzy. And for that I thank you and offer you my own warm and fuzzy to you:

kitten and my nephew

You are welcome.

I am not sure where "Lucky Day" will go from here.  If it will just stay a big event sale held twice a year or if there will be offshoots of it:  like maybe craft nights or even full craft weekends; selling a special item once a week online; traveling to special venues and renting a booth; maybe trying to bump up the big sales to 4x a year instead of 2x; offer decor/design services . . . . . who knows!  I certainly have no idea. BUT if you feel inclined, please do offer some insights or things you would like to see and it might just push me to focus on one area.  Maybe.

Cooking more is not a viable option. Boyd already offered that piece of input.

***** 

Did I mention that I spilled a FULL quart of paint in my car during the sale?  I did.  It nearly pushed me over the edge. Boyd wanted me to give him a shout out for cleaning up all the paint but I am refusing.

Supposedly I am working at the "new" house this weekend. According to Boyd, that is.  We shall see.  Supposedly the heat is not hooked up and I am not feeling all that hearty lately.

People have been asking for before and after pics of the house.  The problem with this is that I don't have AFTER pics.  Here's the thing: we JUST got the house on the foundation and it is over 100 years old.  And my husband is "handy" which means we hire very little out and if you don't hire stuff out . . . . (a) you save money but (b) you live in a mess for a long time.
So . . . be patient because I know I will not be.

And the project begins.
Fun Alert:  The new James Bond movie is fun.  I have a few critiques but will stay quiet because they would be spoiler alerts.

The really big fun alert is that "Life of Pi" comes out next weekend.  The book was crazy fabulous so go and read it first AND then go the movie. Obviously, I have a very full social calendar.

****

Random: I was looking through my notes and I found a list entitled: "Things I hate".  It consisted of leaky pens and salamanders.  Who's with me?

It is now 8:30 p.m. I have been in my PJs since 7pm. Things get pretty crazy around here.

Good night.




2 comments:

  1. Funny as a crutch, you are Sister. You could stick a fork in the whole Sale deal and just write. You have talent! I invariably crack a smile, if not the occasional smirk, while reading your newsreels.
    Only one concern: Placing one's wedding in juxtaposition to the Sale. "Its over and now you are stuck with one big mess." I'm hoping this is not a veiled reference to your very own Beloved. Because, as you know, I am a fan. Heck, who in the name of Sam Hill cleans up an ENTIRE quart of paint from a functioning vehicle? The B-man! That's who! (He can thank me later with at least a small high-5 the next time we run into each other at the Goss.)

    Love ~ care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea crutches were funny - - so thank you! :)
    Boyd is thrilled to have a fan. You made his day.

    ReplyDelete