Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Blame Boyd.

People keep asking me if we are settled into our house.  Umm . . No.  Yes, we may have closed over 2 weeks ago and yes, NORMAL people get things done quickly.   We like the "camping" feel of our house . . . our bed is on the floor, Boyd's clothes have no idea what a dresser is and a major victory is finding a towel.  I made our first meal last night . . . it was white rice.  That counts, right?!  Tonight is hotdogs . . . I'm turning gourmet.

I blame Boyd for my lack of productivity.  He's more concerned with arranging the garage.  I find this irritating and somehow justifies me to not work on the house also.

And yes, I will post pictures of the actual house someday.  Just like I will post pictures of Sister2's wedding.  In due time.  (i.e. when I feel like it)

We were in Minnesota last weekend to work on the Stillwater back deck.  I should rephrase:  Boyd worked - I socialized.  It was wonderful to see so many special friends all in one weekend (shout out to Stacy, Candy, Jenny, Wendi, Tony and Darren! Miss you all!).   And it was wonderful to have multiple garage sales at my disposal.  And restaurants.  And shops.  I now have a haircut, moisturizer AND new curtains.   Impressive, yes?

I have been delinquent in my prep for the July sale.  I am now in panic mode.  MUST PAINT FURNITURE.  This may be contributing to my lack of domesticity in the house.  I keep telling Boyd to "just give me 2 more weeks and then I will calm down."

My empty promises are starting to pile up.

No comments:

Post a Comment