Sunday, March 3, 2013

And the Crowd Goes Wild.

Saturday Brother2 had his final 8th grade basketball tourney.
Boyd and Jordan coached.  
I thought the coaches and the boys did a great job
but I may be a little biased.
It was bittersweet.
On the one hand the the guys all worked really hard.  
Great intensity.
But on the other hand all 3 games were lost by 2 points.
However, we did win the best-looking-coaches-award.
Win.

The last game we played, a mother of the opposing team stood up, turned around and literally did a "hulk roar with the flex" to our crowd, right after they won with a last second shot.  
  I was dumbstruck - first of all by the very good impersonation of the "hulk" (one of my favorite Avengers) and secondly, that she had such courage and sense of freedom to pull off such a roar.
  It was Impressive.
I didn't know if I should laugh or run screaming from the building.
So I just laughed nervously. 

Boyd didn't think I should name the town since the entire state of SD is "local" - so I will only give a hint: 

Starts with C and ends with "astlewood".

What would we do without small town rivalry?
Be kind to one another?
Yuck.


In other news, it is raining outside.
The wind is howling.
And our power just went out.




No comments:

Post a Comment