Friday, September 7, 2012

The Wiper.

I finally got my driver's license changed to South Dakota.  I had been waiting for a really great hair day but after 6 months I just went ahead and did it anyway.  

I went right at 7:30 a.m. to the DMV.  It was just me.  Fabulous.  I give Mr. DMV all my paperwork and then I am told where to stand for the picture.

I stand where he asks and then BAM!  He snaps the picture.  No warning whatsoever.  

Me:  "I wasn't ready!"

He gives me "the look".

Listen Dude.  I am the ONLY person here.  I think you can give me another shot.  I have been living with my terrible Minnesota picture for YEARS because there is no way in HELL St. Paul DMV was going to let me have a re-do picture.

Gads.

Why is the DMV always so cranky?  And void of humor?

Let's just say the new SD picture isn't great but its better than MN.  

*sigh*

You should see my passport picture.  EMBARRASSING.  

I almost posted the passport picture on here and then thought . . . 
"Why am I doing this to myself?"  

When we got our passports in the mail, I was super excited and hurriedly ripped open the package.

Only to stare in complete horror. 

Boyd asked what is wrong.

I hand him the passport.

And . . . . he started LAUGHING HIS HEAD OFF.

At least he had the decency to not say "it isn't that bad".  

********

We had a lovely Labor Day weekend.  Candy and Kevin came to visit.  They were our friends/neighbors in Minnesota.  They have 3 boys.  2 of them are 1 year old twins.  Amazing.  My head was spinning with how they were able to change diapers so quickly.

Boyd and Kevin went fishing.  Candy and I went on walks.

Boyd also showed off all his toys to Mac (5 years old).

"When I grow up I want to be a paintball gun maker".    
Funny . . . so does Boyd.

It was low key and lovely.


*******

My facebook sabbatical did not last long.  The first week was actually kind of nice but then I started to feel out of the loop.  So.  I'm back on Facebook.  However.  If you bother me, you will be "hidden".
Consider yourself warned.

*********

I stopped by Sister1's house to pick up the boys for pizza in the park with Boyd.  
G and O are ready and in the car waiting.   
Oli informed me he isn't ready because he has to poop. 

Me:  Okay . . hurry up!

Oli:  Will you be my wiper?

*******

Fall is in the air.  Supposedly football is in the air too.  And politics.  UGH.
 Brother2 has been glued to the TV all night (for the football - - not the politics).


1 comment:

  1. So did the SD DMV let you retake your picture? They let me and there were even other people there! After the first pic, I asked if I could see it and they let me - I was shocked! I expressed (verbally, non-verbally or both) that I did not like it. I can't remember if I asked to have it retaken or if he offered to retake it but I got it retaken and it looked much better; I actually like my DL pic! And he wasn't even cranky about it - I must have been having a great hair day!!

    I made Walgreens retake my passport photo; now she was cranky!! My necklace was crooked and I'd have to see that pic for TEN years!! I haven't sent in my application yet but being the photo looks good, I am assuming it will look good in my passport also!

    ReplyDelete