Wednesday, July 18, 2012

forgiveness

Do not be alarmed by the title.  I am by no means that nice of a person.

********

This weekend was a whirlwind. We did not close on our house. I also do not have cable, internet or mail anymore. Or shelving or food. *sigh*.

(I’m still whining)

So we left Friday and headed to Sioux Falls. We got to see Brother1's new house that they closed on (not ironic at all) and then we headed to the LaVerne Drive In. We love Drive Ins and if you have never gone, you must. Now. Find the nearest one and go. This was a frequent date night for us in Minnesota. Spiderman was showing and I have to say I found it . . . . delightful. So refreshing to have someone other than Tobey Maguire playing Spiderman and Kirsten Dunst being the girlfriend . . ugh . .
good riddance.

And no, we do not park in the furthest row and make out.  Gross.



Saturday we stuck around and had breakfast with Brother1, Erin, Coop and Cate at Bagel Boy. Cate loves markers and Coop loves cheese.

Obviously we are related.

Brother2 turned 14 on Saturday so the whole famdamily went to Wild Water West to celebrate. I can’t believe he is already 14. It seems like just yesterday that I would have to babysit him as an infant while Boyd and I were dating.

My parents had a great sense of humor.

Or maybe it was a birth control tactic. I’m not certain.

***************

A few nights ago Sister1 had us over for dinner. You will remember that we have no kitchen supplies. I can’t even fry myself an egg. Or cut a pizza. I feel like a pilgrim.

(Still whining)

ANYWHO. Oli was deliriously tired and doing what very tired children do . . . which is everything but obey. Sister1 sent him up to his room for a "timeout’. He came downstairs a few minutes later with an uncertain expression on his face:

Sister1: "Oli. It is not time for you to be done with your time-out. Get back upstairs."

Oli: "But, I FORGIVE YOU, Mommy!"

Bless his little heart.

*****



Sale set-up as begun. Now begins the nights of tossing and turning and rearranging furniture in my dreams. Is that strange? Heather Holman dropped off a load of stuff and I went right to work moving this and that . . . so much fun.

And so overwhelming.  I have no idea how to fit everything in the house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment