Friday, February 17, 2012

My Thyroid

So I got to have my "lady exam" on Valentine's Day.   Romantic, yes?   For those who didn't know . . I HATE going to the doctor.  I like to ignore problems.  Ignorance IS bliss but I'm typically too curious (aka "genius") to fully embrace that concept.  Come to find out. . . . my thyroid count is low.  When I told Boyd he asked why I seemed "happy" about it.  I explained that NOW I can blame my laziness on my thyroid and not just me being a loser.  Yes!

I'm working at the Shoppe this weekend.  I brought in some projects to work on:  chalkboards, coasters, windows, etc.  I caught Boyd in a moment of weakness and he has now promised some thrift store shopping with me.  HaHA!  I could give a helpful tip on these "moments of weakness" but if you are a married woman and have not figured it out yet . . .well . . . keep thinking.

He claims that doesn't work on him.  Lucky for me he rarely reads my blog.  Or maybe that is unlucky since my own husband is not a "follower" of ME.

Have I mentioned we are going on vacation soon?  YES we are.  Costa Rica is on the agenda.  Ahhh . . . I am so looking forward to it.   Boyd is so easy to persuade (see reasons above) especially when I mentioned surfing, white water rafting, ziplining and ATV jungle tours.  Personally, I'm hoping he can find a friend quickly once we get there because I tried surfing in Chile (decided its not for me) and I also tried white water rafting in Peru (and nearly left Boyd in Peru when we almost fell overboard).  

You know its a bad sign when the "captain" is scared and shouting.

I am aware that surfing looks nice and relaxing but once I step my toe in the water, the waves come full force and the sharks start circling.  I'm a strong swimmer but not a strong shark defender.   I might be exaggerating.

I do hope to snorkel.  I'm a mean snorkeler.  Unless water gets in my goggles or down the air tube.  I hate that.


Yes. I get to spend an entire week with this guy.  Eat your heart out ladies .. . or men . . . I'm not judging.

I love to visit a new place.  I hate to brag (not really) but I am really good at planning vacations.   We like to move around so I always pick 2 different places to stay to break up our week.  That way, if one place is boring, the next place is sure to be better.  It helps my anxiety. :)  BUT I doubt I actually have anxiety . . probably just my thyroid talking.  Wait? That's not a symptom?

All-in-all, I'm looking forward to reading a lot of books and experiencing a new country.


And when I say a lot of books . . . I mean A LOT.  I slam them down.

I bid you a good night.  My sweat pants are calling so I leave you with this:





No comments:

Post a Comment