Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Spring Fever

Boyd has decided to enroll in a year long teaching course through Black Hills State. So starting May 2014, he will (hopefully) be eligible to teach middle or high school math.

Personally I hate math. A lot.  Apparently I married a dork.

We were having dinner over at my parents and Brother2 was in rare annoying form. I just looked at Boyd and said: "You do realize that this is what you will be teaching every day, right?"

******

In other news - Silver lining to Boyd’s unemployment: My house is getting done.

Finally.

We may be eating Ramen Noodles but I almost have a living room.

****
Easter came and went. Brother1 and his family came up to visit.
Little Caters is quite smitten with Baby Ellie.



******

The snow is finally gone (Almost.). The other day we were taking a walk on the railroad tracks and I point out that it would be a great spot for flying a kite. Boyd looks pleased and says: "Yes it is! It would also work great for an ultra light landing strip!"

Yes. I guess it would.

*****

I am starting a new book called "Seven". (Originally when it was recommended I thought it was about the serial killer movie Seven but I guess it is not.) I’m only on chapter 1 because it is a discussion book so I’m actually going SLOW. Its basically about declaring mutiny against excess. The first chapter is on food -  the author picks 7 foods that she can eat for one month. This seemed way too intense, organized, and brutal for me so I am "tweaking" this challenge by denying soda, coffee or dessert for the month of April.  This may not seem all that hardcore to you because its what normal people do . . but for me its rather revolutionary.

Boyd laughed when I told him. And then he pointed out that the grocery list on the fridge had 2 items listed: "coffee and icecream".  I countered that with "I can do it! Jesus went without food for 40 days so I think I can handle denying myself a few treats for 30 days".  He didn't look too convinced.

Currently, I am about ready to bash my head against the wall.  Its my only solution to fixing this headache.  I'm fairly certain said headache is from drinking too much water.

I just need a small sip of of a caffeinated beverage . . . . .


1 comment: