Friday, January 11, 2013

And there went December

I am not sure where December went (and frankly January is now half over as well).

I think I will blame the Mayans.

Or Obama.

So . . Christmas happened.

I love Christmas.  But it is exhausting.

Board Sledding.

The Knudsen kids.  NYE at the Goss Opera House

It is hard to believe but no child was hurt.
Boyd and Nephew Jake.  Obviously Boyd is an avid sledder

Also in December:

I may have kicked my family out of their house for a weekend.  Win.

I went cross country skiing with Boyd - - - and somehow i managed to stretch an arm muscle.   Fail.

I keep hoping that coordination will find me at some point . . . but its not looking promising.



I got new snow shoes.   Win.

Boyd got a small compact camp stove.  Win?

Christmas  Done.

********

Litte Oli likes to pray at dinner.

He noticed that people were starting to smile (because seriously how CUTE is that?!) . . . . . 

He states sternly: "This is NOT a funny prayer."

And then he begins:

"Dear Jesus.  Please let us go to the cabin.  And please let papa, deara, cooper, brina, unca boyd, danny, tootles, jordan,  . . . . . . (you get the idea)

What a gem.

*****

A few "recents"

Dad comes in the house.  "I'm so sweaty".

And promptly takes off his shirt.

WHY am I still living here?!

****

Dad talking to Savanna (who is preggo)

Do you get swollen a lot from sitting all day at work?  Are you able to walk around?

Sav:  Not really.

Dad:  Because . . we always made our cows walk for water and that seemed to help.

********

I started a list of resolutions.  First on my list was to BE KIND.

Fail.

******

And now Blizzard Gandolph is upon us (although just rain at this point).  And for some reason Sister1 and boys, Sister2 and Jordan are all spending the night.  G has just made his "bed" on the floor of our room.

It promises to be an interesting weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment