Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Nonsensical Ramblings.


I’ve been reminiscing lately.  I’m blaming it on packing up my photo albums for our upcoming move.  It did a few things for me: (1) it made me realize how far I am behind on my albums; and (2) Made me cringe at my early 90s clothes.  The 80s may have had shoulder pads and big hair but we, the youth of the 90s, did our best with oafish shoes and large flannel shirts. 

It’s a shame this is all documented in photograph form.

Other than packing boxes and boxes and boxes of photos, albums and books . . . . I have been busy preparing for the Lucky Day sale.  Yes.  Prepare yourselves.  It will take place July 26-28.  I am very excited.  And you should be too.

I recently got hit on by a man in bib overalls.  It made my day.  I had no idea that old farmers were my target demographic for compliments.   All this time wasted . . . . 

Lou puked in my car.

I am embarrassed to admit this, but I can’t get enough of “What Makes You Beautiful” by One Direction.  I have the musical integrity of a 12 year old girl.  
Hit me over the head if I start to get excited about Olive Garden.  Although - - truth be told - - they do make some mean breadsticks.

I love my book club.  They are all so delightful.  And they read.

Speaking of nerds and books, I am now starting book #5 of Game of Thrones.  I can’t get enough of dragons, knights and that clever little dwarf.

This past weekend O stayed with Boyd and I.  We enjoyed having the little guy.  He did some spray painting, some demo work and we played with kittens.  Owen learned that he really likes sledgehammers.  And kittens.  Imagine that.



We still have not closed on our house or the lake property.  Everything seems to be on hold.  No idea why.  We also have buyers for our Stillwater house. There again . . . on hold.  Good grief.  I keep praying for patience but I think its backfiring.  All I have to say is this:  EVERYONE . . . DO YOUR JOB.  NOW! 

Boyd made the comment the other day that "I'm relieved - - I think four acres will end up being enough room for the house, some extra buildings and the racetrack."  

Wait a minute . . 

I’m trying my best (and failing miserably) to just sit back and enjoy the ride . . like these guys:



Now, if you will excuse me I just spotted some chocolate frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment