Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ugly Couch.

I had a beautiful couch.  It was groovy and special.  But alas, there was no room for it in the house and Boyd said there was definitely no room in the garage.  Boo.  So, we took some pictures with it and then transported it to Salvation Army.

Last weekend Donna had lined up a surprise party for Damian at the Zoom Zoom Room.  And what should pop out at me . . . but my old couch.  HOWEVER.  It is the couch they are using for their "Ugly Couch Potato" promo.  Surely they must be looking for an ugly couch potato NOT an ugly couch.

See?  Groovy Couch.  End of Story.


*********

I am gearing up for the Sept sale.  Which means, yes, after 2 weeks of silence NOW I find the time to post on the blog.  I am a procrastinator.  Never do something today that you can put off til tomorrow . . or later.  In my case - - until 4pm this afternoon when the Kinney girls show up with their stuff.  Then I run around like a crazy person arranging furniture and cursing at myself for not being more diligent.

I believe one would call this a character flaw.

********

I saw a bumper sticker today that said: "God, Guns and Guts Made America Great".  I typically don't give opinions on this blog . . mostly because they are my own personal opinions and if someone really wants to know what I think . . they can ask (and I will inform).  But I would like to state for the record that it makes me very uncomfortable putting God and Guns in the same small sentence.  I don't care for it.  (and for clarification, this does not mean that I am anti-military).

I am opinionated.  That may also be another character flaw. :)

**********

Is anyone missing my Nerd Sections?  I didn't think so.  Plus, it has become a little embarrassing to report what I read since I am now on Book 6 of Harry Potter.  Yes.  I am reading the young adult series and am loving them.  HOWEVER.  We have started a book club at the Shoppe so I will do an update on the book every time we meet.  This last meeting we discussed The Help.  I will spare the details of the strange cell phone going off every 5 minutes and my mother so smugly stating: "It is not MY phone!" just to find out at the end of the hour that indeed . . . it was her phone.  Ahem.

Next month we will be meeting to discuss: Until They Bring the Streetcars Back by Stanley Gordon West.  Feel free to read along and if you are in the area . . join us!  We will be meeting on October 25th at 7pm at the Shoppe.

*********

It is windy today.  AND last night I came across a chair that I THOUGHT was ready for the sale but then noticed dried glue.  I need to sand it down and it looks like I need to spray paint after all.  BUT . . it looks to be windy and chilly until Thursday.  Blasted!  I view months in terms of spray paint weather.  Is that strange?

********
I thought I would end this with a favorite little video from the Flight of the Conchords.  Warning:  Not child appropriate.  My apologies if I have posted this in an earlier post.  It is one of my faves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

No comments:

Post a Comment