Friday, April 8, 2011

Introducing . . . Shoppe on the Corner

So . . . now, I'm concerned that my "big news" isn't really all that BIG per se.  However, it is big news to me and since this blog focuses on ME . . . I shall continue to call it MY BIG NEWS.

I am OFFICIALLY opening a shop!  I am joining forces with Donna Marchand.  She has a line of clothing called Posh Tales - darling little girl clothing line and she is also starting to do a women's line too.  I will be doing a similar concept to Front Porch Finds which I did in MN - for those of you not familiar, I sell "cool crap".  The main difference from Front Porch Finds is that I will do a monthly sale and it will be in a SHOP and not out of my home. 

Boyd is thrilled - - I'm not sure how long that will last since I have several projects for him to do before the grand opening.

We will be advertising our new endeavor at the Women's Expo on April 30th at the Watertown Mall if any of the locals would like to get a taste of what it will be like.  Donna has lined up the entire Expo.  She is obviously an overachiever. I should probably talk to her about this.  I don't like the bar being set too high.

Our grand opening will be Saturday, May 21.  You may stop now for a minute to go and write that in your planner.  I will wait . .. . still waiting . . . do it.  Write it down.

We are trying to think of some fun ideas to keep everything exciting.  Please email me ideas at slknudsen7@yahoo.com.   We plan on throwing a big Thursday, Friday and Sat sale once a month and featuring a vendor for each month.  Maybe a story time once a week?  Maybe a craft tutorial once a month?  Private parties?  Seriously . . . shoot us some ideas.  We are in full brainstorming stage right now.

I will try and maybe post a few interviews of the vendors we already have lined up - so you can get an idea of other products that will be featured in our little shop.  I am very excited about our vendors.  You will be too.  I promise.

I KNOW. I KNOW. I should be tying up loose ends since I am, in a way, homeless.  However, who can pass up such an opportunity?! I am truly my own worst enemy.

I have already informed my mother and sisters that they will be volunteering their time every month for the rest of their lives.  I am also their worst enemy.

Here are some pics of the shop.  It is under construction at the moment . . . but my oh my. . the ideas we have for adding character . .. turquoise.  That is all I can say.  But even just mentioning the color makes me smile.  Stay tuned for more updates.

This is the front of the shop.  

I can't stop dreaming of window displays
almost time to paint!

That is it for now.  Boyd let me stay back from MN this weekend to gather my sanity.  I have to visit the storage units.  I hate the storage units.

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you, Sabrina! I love turquoise - with red! I wish I had some ideas for you, but I'm not that creative, or don't feel creative right now (?) I'll write any ideas that come to me tho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is so exciting!! i'm so jealous. p.s. i AM interested in being a vendor if you'll have me, my email is danaemoran@gmail.com - you should give me more info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh...my entrepreniual mind has kicked into overdrive...I really like the idea of private parties (of the wine, cheese, chocolate, shopping variety).

    It would be fun to find other small business people in the area and partner with them once a month to feature their products (like a bakery, artist, florist, etc).

    Some sort of donation/charity sale every so often is usually viewed favorably.

    For services I think offering free gift wrapping and/or shipping options encourage people to buy gifts if they can get it all done at once. I've loved the shops that have coffee available while shopping (k-cup machines are nice for this) and that are somewhat kid friendly. Or at least not showing disdain when you bring a child in.

    I'll keep thinking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kirstjen has a lot of good ideas. I got nuthin'. But I'm excited to come to your shop/ boutique/ emporium/ bazaar/ bistro/ showroom/ connection/ establishment/ joint/ parlor/ club/ den/ post/ den/ station/ Horn of Plenty/ Plate of Crazy/ Kit and Caboodle/ Reams of Dreams/ plethora/ unique/ ecletic/ You're Invited/ bailiwick/ I'm in My Element/ Imagine It/ Talent Schmalent/ The Grace Place/ closet/ cupboard/ Daydreams/ Fancy Pants/ When I Grow Up/ LOCATION!!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete